Shedhorn Sports is one of Montana’s premier outdoor sporting goods stores located in Ennis, Montana. We pride ourselves on hiring knowledgeable staff and are currently seeking an outdoor enthusiast to join our team as a Full-Time Retail Sales member.
We are seeking a people-friendly, self-motivated, firearms and outdoor knowledgeable person. If this sounds like you, please contact us to learn more about this opportunity.
Full Time Outdoor Retail Sales Enthusiast
• Provide exemplary customer service to every customer by greeting, advising, and assisting them in selecting merchandise and buying decisions
• Knowledgeable about outdoors recreation and firearms
• Retail emphasis will be on firearms and optics
• Requires the ability to handle firearms safely and adhere to all company, state, and federal firearm regulations. Includes processing of all firearms transactions efficiently following all internal policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Includes completing the ATF 4473 required forms, appropriate state forms necessary for background checks, certifying and screening all potential firearm transfers for the legality of the sale, complying with waiting periods or other possible state requirements
• Responsible for assisting with firearms audits, mounting optics to firearms, safely checking/clearing firearms received by customers or via shipment, and preparation of firearms for retail sale
• Assure visual standards are met by up-keep and maintenance to include, but not limited to, restocking, merchandising, cleaning fixtures, and vacuuming
• Assist in other areas of the store when business dictates, which may include, but not limited to: reloading supplies, fishing, clothing, cashier, and outdoor gear
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Outdoor experience
• Work well in team environment
• Customer service, sales, and people oriented
• Self-motivated and reliable
• Strong communication skills both written and oral
• Computer skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be at least 21 years of age and be eligible to sell firearms under BATFE regulations.
Approximately 45 hours per week including Saturdays. Insurance and employee discounts are available. If you think this job might be a good fit for you, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.